Here’s some highlights of the Marvel Digital Panel.
- The panel began with a slideshow overview introducing Marvel.com
- John Cerilli also talked about “War of Kings: Warriors,”. The tie-ins will star Gladiator, Crystal, Blastaar, and Lilandra.He then announced “Dark Reign: Made Men”
- John Cassaday’s and Joss Whedon‘s “Astonishing X-Men” will be adapted into Motion Comics.
- “It’s not quite comics, it’s not quite animation,” Quesada said of the hybrid nature of the project.
- “Spider-Woman” will be Marvel’s first in-continuity motion comic and will be coming out earlier than each issue of the printed comic. The series will be available on iTunes and Marvel.com. Brian Michael Bendis told the panel.
- The first question was about Spider-Woman’s first story arc. “We pick her up the next day” after the events of “Secret Invasion,” Bendis said, and “she gets a job offer from Agent Brand to be the first agent of SWORD on Earth, hunting down some of the aliens running around including the Skrulls that did her wrong
- “You have to either embrace technology, or grow old and grow extinct,” Quesada said. “The evidence for me is the iPhone I have in my pocket